The promotion of sustainable forest management and the conservation of natural resources are key policies within the EGGER Group.
EGGER supports the objectives of the internationally recognised Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) of the UN/FAO and has committed itself to the protection, restoration and promotion of sustainable management of forests as well as the fight against land degradation and loss of biodiversity.
Our social objective is stopping deforestation, restoring degraded forests and increasing forestation and
reforestation in our purchasing regions.
It is our policy to exclude the following sources from our supply chain for all EGGER wood products:
- Illegally harvested wood
- Wood originating from regions where traditional or fundamental civil rights are contravened
- Wood originating from uncertified forests with a high protection value
- Wood harvested in forests being converted to plantations or non-authorised use
- Wood from genetically modified trees
- Wood violating any of the ILO Core Conventions as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental
Principles and Rights at Work.
To view our Manufacturer's Declaration on Sustainable Forestry, please click here.